Ambasada Sustenabilității în Romania (The Embassy of Sustainability in Romania -ASR) has prepared, for Romania’s National Day, a project that aims to offer 11 different angles from which the Romanian reality can be viewed when it comes to sustainability. Where are we, what do we have to do and what challenges do we face?
Romania has registered major economic progress in the last 30 years. The country’s GDP has quadrupled, the population has entered an accelerated process of urbanization, wages are higher, and access to products and services is easier.
“However, Romania in 2022 must, more than ever, think about economic development in tandem with what sustainable development means, with an emphasis on the efficient use of resources and a more equitable distribution of well-being”, said Dragoș Tuță, Founder and President Embassy of Sustainability in Romania.
More or less, the targets for a more sustainable future have already been set for Romania within historical events such as the Paris Agreement or within the plans agreed at the European level by the member states.
However, to know how we will reach these targets we need to know where we are today, and the progress and impact of the implemented measures must be constantly and carefully monitored.
In this context, the Embassy of Sustainability in Romania and PaginaDeSustenabilitate.ro, a recently launched online publication at the intersection of business and society, have prepared, for Romania’s National Day, a project that aims to offer 11 different angles from which it can be considering the Romanian reality when it comes to sustainability.
- The energy mix: what moves, heats and powers Romania?
- The image of Romanian agriculture in the midst of the climate crisis
- One third of Romania’s surface is covered by forests, far below the European average
- Gender equality in Romania: what has changed and what is left behind
- Over 20% of the cars registered in Romania this year are electric
- Education and health – how does Romania stand when it comes to “eternal priorities”
- How much do we eat, how much do we throw away?
- Who did I leave behind?
- The country with the most homeowners is becoming increasingly interested in sustainable construction
- How do we relate to reality: how many companies in Romania publish sustainability reports and why does it matter?
- Green bonds worth billions, sold by Romanian companies on the BVB
The Embassy of Sustainability in Romania (ASR) is a non-profit, private and apolitical initiative, officially launched in 2018. ASR promotes the sustainable economic model, the one in which companies, through partnerships, can solve social and environmental problems without sacrificing efficiency economic (profit). At this moment, ASR brings together, through the Coaliția Romania Sustenabila program, more than 130 responsible companies and involved NGOs, eager to contribute to bringing closer the moment when Romanians live in a healthy environment, a fair and prosperous society.